Maintaining your hair is relatively easy with the right kind of steps. Hair is made of protein, so keeping a healthy diet and practicing good hygiene are essential parts of maintaining luscious locks. This wikiHow will provide you with some additional advice on hair care, as well, and will show you what you can do at home to get unbelievably beautiful hair.
Wash hair sparingly and use a good-quality shampoo. Washing hair too often can leave hair dried out, leached of its natural oils, and may damage your hair. Aim to shampoo your hair at most every other day or only twice a week.
Try shampoos that do not contain sulfates or parabens. Sulfates are the chemicals that make shampoos lather up. Parabens are preservatives that cause irritation and eye problems after prolonged use. Both of these chemicals aren’t healthy for you or the environment so try to use shampoos with natural cleansers.
- Choose a shampoo that suits your hair type. Don’t just go for any old shampoo; go for the shampoo that works for your hair type. Typical types include (but are not limited to):
- Curly or Afro-textured hair probably wants frizz-minimizing or softening shampoo that is creamy and has natural oils in it.
- Straight or oily hair probably wants a gentle shampoo designed for daily washing.
- Coloured or treated hair probably needs a shampoo that’s fortified with extracts or amino acids, because treating your hair is essentially damaging it.
- Dry hair probably needs shampoos with glycerin and collagen to help restore some moisture into the hair.
Use conditioner that matches your hair type, length, and treatment damage. A good rule of thumb is to condition every time you shampoo your hair, although very processed or dyed hair probably needs a little more love than natural hair.
- Deep condition once a week. If you have afro-textured hair, use deep conditioner every time you wash your hair. Use a store-bought hair care product, or venture out on your own and try a homemade solution. Deep conditioning is very good for your hair. It keeps hair soft, healthy and moisturized. Wash it off your hair after 15-30 minutes.
Be careful about using hair care products with too much protein. Too much protein can leave your hair feeling desiccated and brittle. While protein is the building block of healthy hair, use conditioners that come with balanced ingredients.
- Frizz-control serum can be used in small quantities to tame frizzes. Make sure you do not use too much, and wash once a week with a deep-cleanse shampoo to avoid build-up, which will leave hair looking dull and flaky.
Rinse your hair with vinegar before shampooing, twice a year. Doing this helps to make your hair look shinier and cleaner; plus, it treats dandruff. Use 1 part vinegar (preferably organic apple cider vinegar) to 3 parts warm water, then rinse and wash your hair as normal.
Moisturize your hair. Use five oils: almond, castor, olive, coconut and lavender oils. Mix together equal proportions of each. Alternately, use egg oil. Apply to the hair and leave in for four hours prior to showering out. Repeat twice a week.
I believe your hair will look good and last long when you follow this few steps .
View and drop your comments below.